Types Of Personal Injury Cases
If you get injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may wonder what kind of personal injury claim you are able to file for. There are many different types of personal injury claims that can arise from a variety of injuries sustained in a variety of circumstances.
This blog will outline the various personal injury claims and the factors lawyers consider when determining cases. It will also advise a few tips for pursuing personal injury claims with the guidance of an attorney.
Several types of personal injury cases derive from motor vehicle accidents, including auto accidents and workplace injuries. If you have been injured in an auto accident due to someone else’s negligence, call a personal injury attorney from Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC, at 215-969-3004 to assist you in holding the responsible parties liable for your damages. In order to receive the fair and maximum compensation you deserve, it is vital to fight the case with a personal injury attorney by your side.
Slip And Fall Injury Claims
A slip and fall accident case occurs when a person slips or trips and falls on someone else’s property, resulting in injuries. A slip/trip and fall injury claim can be brought by anyone who sustained an injury on someone else’s property due to the property owner or leaser’s negligence.
A typical negligence case involves a property owner or leaser who either causes a defect to arise on their property or knew or should have known of an existing defect which could cause an injury to others that come unto their property, and that property owner did not fix the defect in time.
To prove negligence in a Slip/Trip And Fall Case, individuals must demonstrate that the defendant property owner knew or should have known and foreseen that people who come onto their property may be injured and taken reasonable and appropriate measures to prevent it from occurring.
Moreover, in cases of slip/trip and fall accidents, individuals may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses incurred; compensation for lost wages as a consequence of disability; pain and suffering from injuries sustained during the incident, including non-economic damages; mental anguish resulting from anxiety caused by their situation and other losses that may have been incurred.
After a slip/trip fall accident, individuals should immediately seek medical attention and then seek legal representation. The Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC lawyers have decades of experience representing injured victims of slip/trip fall accidents. Once you retain us, we immediately go to work by first filing a claim with the property owner’s insurance company as soon as possible.
Workplace Accident Claims
Accidents that occur while a person is on the job can occur in many different ways. From a construction worker being involved in a Car Accident while traveling from one construction site to another to a home attendant who slips and falls in a supermarket while grocery shopping for her homebound client.
Workers’ compensation claims are injuries a person sustains while at work, whether someone else was at fault for their injury or not. Simply falling off of a ladder on the work site constitutes workers’ compensation case.
These cases require different legal standards and procedures than the scenarios above, therefore, it is strongly recommended that you seek legal advice right away. Don’t wait to consult with an attorney if you get injured at work.
Car Accident Claims
- Bodily injury Claims: These claims focus on the physical injuries that a person sustains, which are caused by a car accident. This type of personal injury claim typically encompasses a person’s physical as well as psychological pain and suffering resulting from the accident. Additionally, our lawyers fight to get you compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other out of pocket costs which one can sustain in a car accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Claims: These claims are made to your own insurance company and filed on your behalf by your lawyer when the at fault party was driving without insurance when they caused the accident and injured you. Uninsured motorist claims have very specific rules and timelines that must be followed when making such a claim to your insurance carrier, and the lawyers at Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC are very well-versed in Uninsured Motorist law and can help you file your claim expeditiously and effectively.
- Underinsured Motorist Claims: These claims are made when the at fault party does not have a large enough insurance policy to compensate the injured person adequately for the full value of their injuries. Once the at fault party’s insurance company pays their insurance limits to the injured person, that injured individual can then make a claim to their own insurance company for additional compensation under their own Underinsured Motorist coverage.
- Wrongful Death Claims: The family of a victim who dies in a car accident may bring forth an action for wrongful death, seeking compensation for the loss (of their parent, child, or spouse) that has befallen them due to the negligent actions of another party. These claims are made by the heirs of the decedent.
- Property Damage Claims: These claims cover damages to vehicles and property resulting from car accidents.
Other Types of Personal Injury Claims
- Medical Malpractice: These claims usually arise from the negligence of a medical professional. They deal with incidents where the medical negligence of a doctor or other medical professional results in the injury or fatality of the patient.
- Product Liability: These claims typically arise when a product exhibits faulty characteristics and endangers the consumer. This type of claim includes cases where a product has an injury-causing component, is defective, or fails to meet safety standards.
- Wrongful Death: These claims typically arise on behalf of the deceased for their death due to another’s negligence or wrongdoing. The surviving family members of victims of wrongful death can file these claims.
- Premises Liability: These claims are related to injuries sustained on someone else’s property due to unsafe conditions or hazardous activities. They get filed by individuals injured on someone else’s premises.
- Dog Bites: There are several personal injury claims associated with dog bites, including negligence. A Dog Bite claim arises when an innocent person is attacked by someone else’s dog. A dog owner has a duty to others to keep the dog under control at all times. When a dog owner fails to control their dog, and that dog bites someone, the dog owner will be held liable for the physical and often times psychological injuries that the victim sustains in the attack.
Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim With The Help Of A Lawyer
A personal injury lawsuit is a serious matter, and it is vital to understand the various types of personal injury claims that exist. If you’ve been a victim of someone else’s negligence, you must consult with one of our attorneys at Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC. Our experienced attorneys will provide an extensive and in-depth evaluation of your legal claim and determine the most effective and beneficial avenue to pursue your personal injury claim.
Our legal team will assist in gathering evidence and documentation to support your specific personal injury claim. Our team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators all work as a team, hand in hand, to build the strongest cases possible for our clients’ cases. Our lawyers have over 75 years of combined legal experience. Experience, which we incorporate into each and every case.
The lawyers at Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC have an impressive background in providing counsel to clients who have suffered devastating injuries in automobile, motorcycle, and trucking accidents. They also have a tremendous amount of experience in dog bite and slip/trip and fall cases.
These injuries include spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, burns and lacerations, back and neck injuries, fractures, and broken bones. Our attorneys also represent clients who have lost loved ones in fatal motorcycle, truck, and automobile accidents by pursuing wrongful death claims.
Understanding The Different Types of Personal Injury Cases and What to Do If You Are Injured
Personal injury claims are serious legal matters. You shouldn’t try to navigate this unfamiliar and complicated terrain yourself. If you experience an unfortunate accident that was not your fault, it’s essential to seek legal advice to protect your rights.
An experienced personal injury attorney specializing in Personal Injury claims, also known as a personal injury lawyer, can help you build a strong case against the person or persons responsible for your injuries and ensure that you get fair compensation for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and any out-of-pocket costs that you may accumulate after an accident. Contact the attorneys at Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC, for a free consultation.
It is important that you can depend on your personal injury attorney to fight on your behalf while you get the emotional and physical treatment to recover from the injuries you sustained due to someone else’s negligence.
If you or a loved one require legal assistance in dealing with a personal injury claim, contact the attorneys at Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC. Our legal team is experienced in navigating the claims and litigation process.
When you hire Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC, you can rest assure that your case will be handled by compassionate, competent, aggressive, and experienced attorneys who will stop at nothing until they get you the compensation that you deserve.
Personal Injury Claims
© 2016 by Velter Yurovsky Zoftis Sokolson, LLC. All rights reserved.